This RCGP accredited course covers the foundations of healthy eating and metabolic health. In particular the following is included;
- Impact of macronutrient and micronutrient intake on our metabolic and long-term health.
- Systems and chemicals involved in satiety, blood sugar regulation and fatty acid synthesis.
- Calorie counting and meal composition.
- Gut microbiota, its impact on metabolic health and appropriate dietary interventions.
- Nutrition and dietary patterns.
- Changes and interventions to determine our capacity to avoid, manage and correct metabolic issues.
- Making smart food choices in practice and simple food swaps.
- Guidance on supplementation.
- Take home key points for each major section.
- Cooking demonstration videos and downloadable recipe cards.
- Patient handouts that can be downloaded and used straight away!
- Assessment via online tests.
- Optional additional learning tasks.
- CPD certificate issued on course completion.
- Study time 10-15 hours.