Metabolic Health Nutrition for Medics.
The Metabolic Health Nutrition for Medics is an RCGP accredited course that covers the foundations of healthy eating and metabolic health. In particular, the following is included;
- Impact of macronutrient and micronutrient intake on our metabolic and long-term health.
- Systems and chemicals involved in satiety, blood sugar regulation and fatty acid synthesis.
- Calorie counting and meal composition.
- Gut microbiota, its impact on metabolic health and appropriate dietary interventions.
- Nutrition and dietary patterns.
- Changes and interventions to determine our capacity to avoid, manage and correct metabolic issues.
- Making smart food choices in practice and simple food swaps.
- Guidance on supplementation.
- Take home key points for each major section.
- Cooking demonstration videos and downloadable recipe cards.
- Patient handouts that can be downloaded and used straight away!
- Assessment via online tests.
- Optional additional learning tasks.
- CPD certificate issued on course completion.
- Study time 10-15 hours.